Andrew C. Ladd began practice in 1981 in the City of Waukesha, Wisconsin, and has been practicing in Southeastern Wisconsin for the past 28 years. He is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, the Eastern District of Wisconsin in the United States Federal Court System, as well as, the Waukesha County Bar Association.
His practice has evolved from a general practice into a practice consisting entirely of litigation, focusing primarily on criminal and family law (divorces, post judgment actions, etc.).
He has had a wide variety of experience in criminal work, advising clients on everything from operating while intoxicated matters to serious felony work. Over the last five years he has developed a special area of practice regarding the defense of sexual assault and computer-related crimes. He has successfully defended a number of persons accused of sexual assault. He has a tremendous group of experts to call on to assist in everything from defending coerced confessions to defending persons against the possession of pornography.
Likewise, Andrew has had many years of experience practicing family law in Southeastern Wisconsin. He has been working with Family Court Services for years and often is appointed by the Courts to act as Guardian ad Litem (lawyer for the children).
More often than you realize, the areas of criminal law and family law intersect. A problem in one area often leads to a problem in the other area. Andrew’s unique focus on both areas of law allows him to better serve his clients.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Drunk Driving (DUI)
- Sex Offenses
- Domestic Violence
- Criminal Defense for Juveniles
- Custody and Placement Disputes
- Juvenile Services
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
- J.D. – 1981
- University of Wisconsin
- B.S. – 1977
- Seminars on Family Law, Criminal and Traffic Law, Sexual Abuse and Felony Matters
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Criminal Section, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Family Section, Member
- Waukesha County Bar Association, Criminal Section, Member
- Waukesha County Bar Association, Family Section, Member
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (WACDL)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- National Child Abuse Defense & Resource Center (NCADRC)